The international Future Energy Leaders program (FEL-100) under the World Energy Council is now looking for motivated talents to join the prime network for prospective energy leaders.
During the program, participants take part in workshops and events. They also do research on the pressing issues in the energy sector. During the program, participants are able to grow their networks in the global energy field through a variety of collaboration opportunities and events.
New members are expected to be part of the program for an average of three years. To guarantee the quality and continuity of the program, new members are initially taken on board for one year. Additional years will be determined by the candidate’s engagement and motivation.
Any applicant should meet the following essential criteria:
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy or energy+
- 3-5 years of junior management experience in an energy-related field is considered a plus
- Advanced level of English
- Not more than 32 years old at the time of application
- Availability for at least 20 days of contact time with the development programme per year (15 days during non-Congress years). Validation by the employer would be considered a plus.
- Available to engage for up to three years.
- Review the above list and let us know if you have any comments or concerns.
- Invite your members to nominate young professionals to the global FEL
- Send us the names of your Member Committee’s preferred candidates in order of priority by replying to this email.
- Ask your candidates to complete the online application and send their supporting pitch video to email@example.com. More information on the requirements and the application process can be found here.
The 2023 call for nominations is open until Monday 13 February 2023. Candidates who wish to be considered must complete their application by that date.
The results of the selection process will be communicated to you in early March.
Independently of the FEL application process – and regardless of the outcome – we encourage you to engage with the candidates and inform them about the activities of your Member Committee and consider including them in future activities and events.
Each WEC Member Committee has a quota of two participants. In 2022, Finland had three participants as not every Member Committee filled their quota. In 2023, Finland will have one person in the program.
The program has received widespread praise from those who participated. If you wish to apply, contact WEC Finland’s Executive Director Vesa Vuolle for more information (045 109 7899 / firstname.lastname@example.org).